Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.
As I read these words the memories of the past flash back vividly in my mind. As a pastor’s daughter I spent many of my days sitting in the congregation on Sunday mornings listening to old hymns being sung out to the Lord. Even to this day I can hear my mother’s voice gracefully filling our house as she prepared to sing them in front of the rest of the congregation. Hymns have a special place in my heart and always seems to bring me through times of difficulties and this week I need this particular hymn more than anything.
We’ve been struggling for some time to know what will really happen with Baby E’s case. Josh and I have gone back and forth with debating on whether his mother will take the necessary steps to get her boys back or whether this would be long and drawn out until the father had the chance to take the boys in. This week marks a monumental step in Baby E’s life and his future, his mother is making strides in getting better and getting her children back, meaning he could be leaving us very soon.
This is of course great news, but we also don’t have too many details on the entire situation. We know she’s making progress but we haven’t been able to speak with the case manager so the reunification could be postponed longer than we are thinking it will be. It could also be quicker than we anticipate, or it could not happen all together, we really don’t know. We have a staffing (meeting with everyone involved in Baby E’s case) Thursday and hopefully we’ll be able to get a ton of information there but we are still on pins and needles until then.
These weeks where big decisions are made are the toughest on foster parents and we’re asking for prayers. Whether religious or not we desperately need your prayers to the Lord. God has led us this far and we trust He will lead us to where He wants. So we ask you’ll come together and pray for these things specifically:
- Pray that we will know sooner rather than later what is happening with E so we are prepared if he is going back to his momma and can have ample enough time to say goodbye.
- Pray that whatever happens with E will be in his best interest and for the good of him.
- Pray that his momma will continue to get better and have the strength to stay on the straight and narrow.
- Pray for not only our hearts but E’s baby brother’s foster parents as they’ve only had this sweet babe for a short time and have already fallen in love. Pray we can stay strong but still be supportive if reunification happens.
- And last but not least pray for our decisions in the upcoming weeks about taking a new placement. If it looks like E is going to be going home then we will more than likely take in a new kiddo and we’re not only extremely nervous at the thought but are struggling to know if we would want to take in older children as babies have been rather difficult for us.
Through it all we know the Word of God prevails and we are continuing to stand on His promises because we know they cannot fail.